Researchers Association (GRA) is a nonprofit organization registered in Nigeria in 2016 to respond to
the humanitarian crisis in Northern Nigeria and the Lake Chad region by
providing evidence-based interventions and promoting human right, peace and
development initiatives in grassroots communities in Nigeria.
In response to the conflicts in Northeast Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin which has resulted in the displacement of persons and incidents of human rights abuses, GRA is partnering with Center for Democracy and Development (CDD) in Strengthening the capacity and oversight of human rights principles in counter terrorism across Lake Chad Region (SCO- HRP Lake Chad) Project. The aim of the project is to identify, document and empower local actors in the dissemination and uptake of cases of Human Rights Abuses within the context of terrorism and counter terrorism operations in the Lake Chad Basin.
We are hereby recruiting to fill as follows:
Location: Borno / Yobe
Contract Period: 6 months
Deadline: 11th August 2019
Commencement: 19th August,
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying and documenting of cases of Human Rights Abuses within the context of terrorism and counter terrorism operations in Borno and Yobe
- Assist in monitoring progress on cases of human rights abuses and ensuring consistent update of the cases into the clearing house register / database
- Participate in monthly clearing house sessions with the program staff and pro-bono lawyers to review the state of all identified and ongoing cases of human rights violations, leading to next steps of actions and approaches towards ensuring perpetrators are held accountable
- Produce and submit weekly report on cases of Human Rights Abuse in the assigned location of coverage, including success stories and lessons learned
- Assist in mobilizing stakeholders aimed at demanding accountability on cases of Human Rights violations
- Participate in community meetings, focus group discussions and any other program role as may be required by GRA
Collaboration / ethical operating
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with GRA program staff and the beneficiaries
- Approachable and good listenership skills
Volunteers will be paid monthly
stipends based on the services rendered to GRA.
- Degree, HND or Diploma in a relevant field
- Previous experience in a nonprofit organization is highly desirable
- Proven intellectual capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as knowledge of Hausa
Method of Application
should submit their CV and Cover Letter as single PDF document addressed to the
Executive Director, Grassroots
Researchers Association (GRA),via: email@example.com and
The subject of the email should
be: Application for Volunteer.
- GRA is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate gender, religion or ethnicity.
- GRA recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff and or any assigned third party, request of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.